Sunday, August 21, 2011

That other book …

I mentioned the other day that I had gotten two books at the bookstore while we were out visiting quilt shops.  I finally took a picture of it …

This one is called Amish Abstractions.

AmishAbstractions

It really is a neat book, and it was under $10 at one of those bookstores that carry out-of-print, second quality and overrun books.  I saw one on the shelf, and looked through it a little bit, and decided to get it.  A few seconds later I looked down and there were two shrink-wrapped copies laying on the floor.  So I returned the opened one to the shelf and got one of the pristine ones!  (very cool!)  It would have been neat to see quilts from the Amish areas of Richland or Ashland counties, but there are many from Holmes County, Ohio, which is just a couple counties over to the east.  It’s a great inspiration book …

No comments:

Post a Comment