Sunday, August 21, 2011

Civil War BOW–Rosebud (34B)

Okay, I ended up doing this week’s block again (Yes, I know it’s becoming a habit).  I got the instructions for this version from Ellen’s site, American Homestead.   Her version is more based on half-square triangle units – but it did provide for some interesting measurements!  (13/16th’s are kind of quirky – but I’ll do anything for the block to turn out right!)  I used the same three colors, but had to make a couple of revisions based on the change in the way Ellen put the block together.  This one is a keeper!

34 Rosebud B

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy,
    I had the same problem as you when I first made this block - I think it is all to do with not being able to divide 8" into 6 very easily. It is so frustrating when you try really hard and the block ends up too small!
    This block is very beautiful! I thought your first attempt was very nice too!
    Best wishes, Carol (Neverhaveenuffabric - my dopey flickr name!)

    ReplyDelete