Thursday, August 25, 2011

Row By Row – Day 8: Some daisies and ribbon candy!

Didn’t have too much time to work on this quilt today – since I had to bake cookies for a picnic, and then go to the picnic!  (had a good time)  Here are two more pictures of the progress on this quilt …

In this photo you can see some of the main design elements … I’m doing continuous curve all around the outside perimeter of the design.  And then in the middle I’m stitching a 5” daisy … both the daisy and the continuous curve are in a variegated LAVA.  The snow white blocks will have straight lines across them … only in one direction, not x’s.  That will be done in a snow white Sew Fine! thread.  (the blue lines are just water soluble marker)

8A

I tried to get a close-up of the inner most border … I’m using a design called “ribbon candy” and it gives SO MUCH texture it’s AMAZING!   Unfortunately I didn’t take a picture when it was in the middle of the frame … forgot about it until it was rolled up towards one of the back bars.

8B

No comments:

Post a Comment