Monday, August 8, 2011

Soldier’s Cot Quilt – Day 2

Once again, the computers were turned off last night with the storms coming through so I couldn’t post a picture last night.  So here’s a picture of how the quilt looked when I stopped for the night.  All fifteen blocks are done, and all sewn together.  Today I’ll be adding the skinny border and the wide border.  In fact that’s where I’m heading right NOW!

Day2

It’s really funny, but a few years ago I wouldn’t have even imagined using these colors in the same quilt.  Maybe it’s age, maybe it’s experience … but I just love the Civil War colors now.  They are inspiring me to redecorate our whole house!

1 comment:

  1. I just came across your blog today on Quilter's Blog. I agree with you on the Civil War colors--they blend so beautifully...and I think they are classic. I too would love to decorate with them. I feel like my home wouldn't look outdated a year or two after decorating it. After all, these colors have been around for over a hundred years!!

    Deb from clutteredquilter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete