I tried working on my block-of-the-month blocks tonight … which was a good thing since I’m FOUR MONTHS behind on that program. But you know what? I don’t like them. In fact I think I hate the blocks. Here’s the deal …
- Every month we drive an hour away to go get my block kit … so we’ve already invested time, energy and gas money into doing this 8 times (with another four to go)
- I really dislike Thangles. I’ve tried them on numerous occasions, and each time I want to throw them out the window! And the whole thing is Thangles, Thangles, Thangles (Eeek!)
- I could do the half-square triangles without using the Thangles, but since I really am disliking the blocks and the fabrics, it may not be worth it
- Even though the theme is Civil War, the kits come from a shop that does not specialize (or carry any) Civil War stuff. I think they offered Civil War as one of the themes because they knew some people would pick it – but they don’t carry any of those fabrics in the store. The colors lack a certain zing
- Not only have I already purchased 8 of my BOM kits (Jan. – Aug.), but I have already ordered the finishing kit. (it’s not ready yet – but I had to reserve mine and pay for it in advance)
So now I am stuck – I really hate the blocks that have been done so far … hate the fabrics they chose, and hate the patterns and the Thangles …
Arrgghh! I guess that I should admit to myself that the reason I’m so far behind on this one is that I really don’t like it … I think I’ll just use the fabrics and cut them up for other Civil War-themed projects (of which I have many).