Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Strep Throat & Democracy Star (10/16/07)

Went to the doctor yesterday because of that sore throat that had me down all weekend - and it turns out it was strep throat.  My voice is nearly gone too.  What a great combo - I could barely tell the pharmacy people my name when I stopped to get my antibiotics.  I actually had to pull out my driver's license and point to the name so that they knew who I was. 

On a sad note, tonight I saw the obituary for a lady that I knew briefly ... she was the mother of my sister's first husband.  I didn't know her well, but she was always very nice to me when our families got together.  Rest in peace Delores, and I hope that her husband and son are able to find some comfort as they move forward without her. 

I didn't have a chance to post anything yesterday, so I missed my look back quilt of the day.  So my look back project for today is a wall hanging called Democracy Star.  I finished it back on 10/16/07.  It was quilted with tan, red and navy silk ...




No comments:

Post a Comment