My look back project of the day is a small wall hanging that I made back in June of '05. This was relatively early in my quilting experience, and we had visited a quilt show where I found this small kit in a box. Looking back on this project, I think one of the important lessons of this piece is the way that color placement can affect the overall look of a piece.
Because this was a kit, I had no control over the placement of each color ... but I think they made an error when choosing the darker red/burgundy color ... it draws the eye directly to those areas, and ends up looking like small "x" shapes. The "paw" shapes, which give the block its' familiar name, are almost lost in the mix.