Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Not Your Grandmother’s Turtle (12/06)

My maternal grandmother is a turtle collector.  Well, not the real ones, but every other kind … plastic, rubber, cloth, etc. etc. etc.  Her latest acquisition is a 2 foot tall figure that “watches over” her front garden bed.  The neighbor kids, thinking it was real, even asked if they could bring a camera and have their pictures taken with it.  So when it came time for me to make a gift for grandma for her birthday in December of 2006, I found a fun block on the internet called “Not Your Mother’s Turtle”.  This is my look back project of the day.  Considering the recipient, I took the liberty of changing the name of the block for this one item to “Not Your GRANDmother’s Turtle”.  You can’t really see it in the picture (you can barely see it on the fabric itself), but I did use one of the pre-set stitches on my Bernina to create two circles to act as the eyes of the turtle.

pillowturtle

No comments:

Post a Comment