Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Fruit Cocktail (7/25/05)

I learned a lot of lessons from this wall hanging that I completed back in July of '05.  This was pretty early on in my quilting, and wasn't confident at all with my thread choices when it came to my quilting.  I ended up using pink thread to do a freemotion pattern called "Ricky Doodles" (according to Ricky Tims) or a version of "headbands" (according to Diane Gaudynski).  My favorite name for the pattern is called "peacock feathers", and it's really the first freemotion motif that I became comfortable with.  As for the wall hanging itself, this was a small wall hanging kit available through Connecting Threads when they were offering Moda stuff (before they radically changed their catalog offerings).





















And here's a close up of the stitching.



No comments:

Post a Comment