Thursday, January 19, 2012

Wonder Clips and other updates

Loved the 10-count package of Wonder Clips that Santa brought me so much, that I ordered a package of 50 of them from joann.com ($32.99 regularly – less with the 40% coupon).  They came today – so they’ll be ready for action when I am able to start quilting all of my recent tops.  (BTW, I tried getting them at the store but they weren’t available there … had to order on-line.)

IMG_1256

According to the UPS site, my HQ-16 upgrades should be arriving on Friday – although it looks like they haven’t left Salt Lake City yet.  (eeek)  I’m keeping my fingers crossed.  Will hubby be working that day?  Will we be able to start putting it together?  Will find out soon.

Am anxiously awaiting my paycheck from my last speech so that I can order a couple of things.  I want to get the Fat Eighth bundle of the 1862 Battle Hymn line from Hancocks of Paducah, and a couple of 10” square collections from Keepsake.  I’ve got another speech in February, so I’ll probably order part of that stuff now, and wait for the next speech to order the rest!  (can I resist the temptation?)

4 comments:

  1. Have never heard of Wonder Clips, but they look like a great idea. Keep us posted on how useful you think they are. I'm always up for an idea that makes the quilting process easier:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra ... I used them on my 12 Days Of Christmas Mystery quilt when I was doing the binding, and they really worked well. I have always used the metal hair clips, but I thought these worked very well. I asked Santa to bring me the 10-pack so that I could try them without investing too much money. Once I used them I decided to get the 50 pack.

      Delete
  2. Are these to use for binding? I've not seen these before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Happy Cottage Quilter, they are for binding. They really hold well. They're available in a 10 pack and a 50 pack.

      Delete