Friday, January 13, 2012

Thursday errands … Whew!

Yesterday was a loonnnnggg day.  I had so many things to accomplish, and I wanted to get them done before the snowstorm hit today. 

1.  Walgreens
2.  CVS
3.  Office Max
4.  Meijer
5.  JC Penney
6.  Pizza Hut

Since hubby was working ‘til 8 p.m., I was on my own for dinner.  By this time I had been in and out of all of these places in the rain, I didn’t want to get out of the car again.  So I sat in the mall parking lot after leaving Penney’s, and got on my iPad to order a pizza.  I know I shouldn’t be amazed at this point, but boy was it cool!  I went to their website, found the pizza hut down the road by entering the zip code.  Then I told them I wanted a personal pan pizza with onions, bacon and mushrooms.  I hit the order button and it told me that my pizza would be ready at 5:46.  I drove down to Pizza Hut and parked for a few minutes in an out-of-the-way spot until it was time to go up to the drive-thru window.  When it got to be about 5:44, I drove over to the window – told the kid my name, handed him my credit card and he handed me my pizza.  Super slick!  I pulled over to a parking space and sat there eating my pizza while listening to the radio and watching the busy traffic go by in the cold, drizzly rain.  Pretty soon it was time to head home to get my groceries put away. 

When I walked in the door at home the phone was ringing.  Wow – it was the gal from HandiQuilter calling to tell me that the carriage upgrade had been completed, and that, along with my frame and track upgrades would be mailing out Friday or Monday.  Woo Hoo!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment