Monday, January 2, 2012

Redware & Harvest – Day 1

Well today was a bit of a mixed bag in terms of quilting.  Early this morning I finished a small quilt top called Point Of View (pictured elsewhere on my blog).  I also completed block 8 of the 12 Days Of Christmas Mystery Quilt (again, pictured elsewhere on my blog).  I took some time out to fix New Year’s Day dinner … traditional pork roast and sauerkraut, mashed potatoes, rolls, etc.   After dinner I sat in the family room and started a HAND PIECING project … a first for me.  I was pretty happy with the results.  I’ll post more about that tomorrow or Tuesday. 

Later this evening I returned to the quilt room to continue working on the Redware & Harvest quilt that I started earlier.

day1

I’m using four different dark fat quarters, but only one shirting.  I’ve chosen four different cheddars to use for the larger triangles, and I’ll probably end up using three dark reds.

No comments:

Post a Comment