Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Tumbling Blocks

I wanted to learn how to hand piece, so I started a tumbling blocks quilt.

IMG_1253

I used Kathleen Tracy’s Tumbling Blocks quilt from her book Remembering Adelia as my inspiration, but since it was my first experiment with hand piecing, I made the diamonds a bit larger than she called for in the pattern.

I had soooooo much fun with this hand piecing project!!!  I looked forward to t.v. time every night so that I could work on it.  Within just a few nights I had enough block units assembled into rows, and I could start putting the rows together.

I added the borders today and got the binding cut.  Can’t wait to get this one quilted.

And because I enjoyed it so much, I started a new hand piecing project Tuesday night!  The new one will be a Grandmother’s Flower Garden style piece in Civil War repros.  For that I’m using the template stamp that I got over at Good Wives Co. last week.

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! Your Tumbling Blocks quilt looks like a magazine picture!! What a wonderful job, you did!! I can't wait to see you GMFG!

    ReplyDelete