Friday, November 16, 2012

Basket Case Saturday Sampler (BOM) – Update 4

Got to take this quilt, along with a few others, to my quilting day with Sunda and Janet yesterday.  It’s always fun to show them the stuff I’ve been working on.   While there I took advantage of the table space to take a photo of the quilt.  After finishing the binding on Wednesday night, when hubby got home from work I had him hold up the quilt for me to look at from across the room.  And oddly enough, I think we’re going to end up hanging this strangely colored quilt in the family room.  

IMG_2953

For the last few years I’ve been trying to decide what quilt to hang in the family room – where we have a lot of Earth tones.  This quilt top had been hanging on a hanger downstairs waiting to be quilted for a loooonnnngggg time (about as long as I’ve had my longarm) … probably about 6 years.  Never thought in a million years that THIS might be a good candidate to hang in there.  But I guess sometimes it’s good to go with the unexpected – and the colors really will go with what’s in there!  I want to use three wooden quilt hangers that we bought at a quilt shop in Ostrander, Ohio, which at this point may or may not be in business.  (we were only there once for a shop hop and never saw them mentioned again)

Anyway … my quilt day with Sunda and Janet was fun, we hadn’t gotten together in over a month – so it took us awhile to catch up!

No comments:

Post a Comment