Sunday, May 12, 2013

Lost Tooth, Clips, Bobbin Cases, Bags and Blocks

We celebrated Mother’s Day last night with my sister and her two boys coming to town … we all went out to dinner and then over to Mom’s house afterward.  It was a fun evening!!

Today for me started out surprisingly enough by losing part of a tooth!  I’m not really in pain … but worried about whether I’ll be able to get in to see the dentist tomorrow, and what kind of $$$ we’re facing.

I bought myself a Mother’s Day present from our dogs and cat yesterday while I was out … some of the larger sized Wonder Clips and a box which will work great for my HQ-16 bobbins.

IMG_3577

IMG_3583

The box is an ArtBin Solutions box (3003AB) which was about $5 at JoAnn Fabrics!

I made another of the roll up tote bags for me …

IMG_3581

I made bags for my Mom, my sister and my Grandma for Mother’s Day, and as a fun little surprise for my little 3-year-old nephew too!  Hopefully I’ll have a picture of those others to share soon!   Doing these projects lets me use some of those great fat quarters that I pick up when they’re on sale, or when I get a freebie FQ but can’t use them in my Civil War repro projects.

The tutorial can be found at …http://zaaberry.blogspot.com/2011/05/tote-tutorial-totorial.html.  Or you can do one with ribbon ties which can be found at http://www.needleandspatula.com/2010/11/roll-up-shopping-bag-sewing-tutorial.html.  I used the one with the button instructions at zaaberry’s blog.  I also modified the instructions a bit so that I could use just 2 coordinating fat quarters for each bag.  Check out the sites for their instructions.

And then this afternoon I did this week’s Grandmother’s Choice block from the BOW …

37 Nameless Star

I’m going to grab the magazine that I bought last night … go downstairs and try to figure out what I’m going to make for dinner that I can eat with a missing tooth!  Eeek!  Maybe noodles??

No comments:

Post a Comment