Thursday, October 11, 2012

Redbird In The Bowers – Days 1 & 2

Started a new faux applique panel on Tuesday, but didn’t get a chance to post pictures.  Here’s the panel that has been sandwiched with wool batting and backing fabric.  The individual panes have been stitched with black #100 silk along the lines.   In the past I have used cotton batting, but on a recommendation I’m using wool batting for this one.

IMG_2725

Here’s a closer look at one of the panes with the background stippling done.  I will go back and outline the round gold parts of the flowers.
IMG_2727

And here’s another pane with the background stippling done.  I will go back and highlight parts of the pineapple.

IMG_2732

If you’re wondering, I do use the magnifying glass attachments for my Bernina to do this work.

IMG_2730

No comments:

Post a Comment