Monday, July 25, 2011

Moda Bake Shop Kit – Day 1

Started a small wall hanging kit Sunday night (late).  It’s one of those cute little mini kits by Moda from their Moda Bake Shop line.  It was just too yummy to pass up at my recent trip to the quilt show in Mansfield at the fairgrounds.  I got it from a booth set up by Little Red Quilt Shop in Medina, a shop that we’ve visited twice in the last few months.  It’s a small shop, primarily Moda stuff (cool), and the ladies who were working in there both times have been helpful and nice.

1

The red and cream 4-patch units create diagonal stripes across the wall hanging.

Because the kit was all pre-cuts, I got all of the 4-patch units assembled and pressed in less than an hour.

Sometimes little mini kits are just fabulous … a great way to just do some fun sewing, try a new technique, or work with some colors that you may not “normally” pick out when at the quilt shop.  When I was first getting started on my quilting journey, I did TONS of little mini kits – like the Moda Tin Box Samplers (and others).  I always recommend little kits to beginners because they work up fast – and you don’t get that burn out that can strike a quilting newbie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment