Monday, January 7, 2013

Still can’t decide what colors to use …

While Barbara Brackman’s Grandmother’s Choice block-of-the-week just posted its’ nineteenth week, she started a block-of-the-month program called Dixie Diary.  She posted the first block on Saturday, but I sill cannot decide what color scheme that I want to use for this one. 

My first thought was poison greens and shirtings … since I was going to use the poison greens along with the cheddars for the Grandmother’s Choice BOW, I know that I have a bunch of them.  But decided not to use them.  And for this project, I’m not sure I want to go with them. 

Then I decided that maybe I’d use vintage solids … I got a bunch of solids from Santa for Christmas … but I’m not sure.

Then I thought I’d use the same colors that I used in the Barbara Frietchie Star block from last year’s Civil War Sampler quilt … a combination of bright yellow, olive green and brick red.  But I’m not sure that I’d like an entire quilt done in those colors. 

Oh well … still thinking …

No comments:

Post a Comment