Monday, January 7, 2013

Dixie Diary: Month 1

Well it took me a couple of weeks but I finally decided what color group to use for the Dixie Diary BOM quilt (Barbara Brackman’s latest free BOM).  I’m using several of the French General lines that have been out the last couple of years.  I received some half-yard cuts from those lines from my mother-in-law last Christmas, and I’ve purchased a few additional fabrics from two more of the related lines from stores and at quilt shows.  I’m going to try to add to those by getting a couple more prints to use for the sashing, cornerstones and border.

*I am not doing the appliqué embellishments. 

01

If you’re interested in following this block-of-the-month, Barbara is posting the patterns at her Civil War quilts blog the first Saturday of each month.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful colors, nice block. i think I prefer it without the applique also.

    ReplyDelete