Saturday, December 17, 2011

Peppermint Pinwheels – Day 2

The top of this little quilt (17” x 17”) is now ready to quilt.  The red binding is hanging on the design wall next to it.  I posted a picture on Thursday night (early Friday a.m.) but didn’t really take the time to describe it. 

day2

The pattern was a gift from Kathleen Tracy to the group members of SmallQuiltTalk, a Yahoo group.  I love Kathy’s books, that’s how I found her group on the ‘net.  I started out with her book The Civil War Sewing Circle, and have now done five of the projects from it.  I recently bought her book Remembering Adelia, but haven’t done any of the projects in it yet.  I asked Santa for her other two books, Prairie Children And Their Quilts and American Doll Quilts, so we’ll see what he brings down the chimney for me.  (Two boxes from Amazon.com have arrived in my husband’s name in the last couple days – so there’s a chance that at least one of them may show up under the tree!)

Anyway, when Kathy gave the pattern to the group members, I printed it out and took it into the quilt room.  With the holidays here, I didn’t think I’d have a chance to do it – oh well, another project for NEXT Christmas.  But, then we were down in Columbus doing some Christmas shopping and getting my block-of-the-month stuff from a couple of shops.  One of the shops (which was having a 20% off coupon day) had just started offering THREE NEW JO MORTON bundles.  (Woo Hoo!!!!!)  Of course I bought all three to add to my growing Civil War repro collection.  It wasn’t until a day or so later that I remembered the Peppermint Pinwheels pattern from Kathy, and I immediately knew what I was going to do with the red & white bundle!

Earlier I mentioned the SmallQuiltTalk group – please look into joining if you enjoy making small quilts.  We just got done doing a partner swap of small quilts (I got a really cute little quilt from my assigned partner.  And we did a 4-Patch Challenge earlier in the month too, which was fun!  (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/smallquilttalk/)

1 comment: