Monday, April 12, 2010

August Wall Hanging (in April) & Pineapple Log Cabin started ...

On Saturday I worked on a wall hanging which has 16 pieced spool blocks.  I've had this kit in my closet for a few years now ... and finally decided that it was time to pull it out and get it pieced.  I had purchased it from a quilt shop in Medina, Ohio, which has been closed for a couple of years now.  It was a neat shop, in an old church.   One of my favorite parts of this wall hanging is the binding that was included ... it's cheddar yellow/orange!  That just absolutely makes it!






















On Sunday afternoon, I started another new piece (yes, instead of finishing up the spool wall hanging).  This piece is a larger quilt called Pineapple Sundae, a pineapple log cabin quilt that I've been wanting to do for quite some time.  And like Saturday's project, this was yet another project that came out of my closet!  Now this project is going to take some time ... a lot of time I have a feeling.  I worked on a group of seven blocks all evening - and didn't even get those seven blocks finished.  And there are 30 BLOCKS in all!  Eeek!  The instructions had me fooled, I thought because it used some Honey Bun rolls (from Moda) that I would have a lot less cutting to do.  But the instructions have me using the Pineapple Rule, a gadget which has been in my toolbox for a looooonnnnnggggg time, and that requires a lot of precision cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment