Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Tam’s Patch Block Swap Blocks Arrived!

I participated in a Tam’s Patch block swap with a group on Yahoo! called Block_Swappers.  The theme was black & white fabrics.  My return blocks arrived in today’s mail!  Woo Hoo!!!

Unfortunately one of the blocks was incorrectly assembled, and three others didn’t really have the colors placed in the right spots.  So I will have to make two more blocks with the white centers.  Now that I’m looking at the photo – I think some rearranging is in order – since there are too many light colors in the upper left.  But I do think it will turn out to be a fun quilt.  Since I’m a Civil War repro and 1930’s repro quilt lover … doing a quilt in black & white was a departure for me.  But just this past Monday I was talking about taking a quilt to sit on at my nephew’s T-Ball game, and this might be the start of a fun picnic quilt!

IMG_3679

No comments:

Post a Comment