Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Bored? Me? Never …

At the risk of everyone thinking that I’ve been sitting around bored to tears the last couple of weeks … banish the thought!  I’ve actually had a couple of different projects going. 

1)  I’m still working on the Civil War repro potholder quilt.  All 24 blocks are pieced, quilted and bound, and I’ve begun the process of stitching them together.  I’m starting by attaching two blocks together at a time.  (twosies?)  I think I’ve got about 7 groups of two stitched together at this point.  I would have been further along but this cold has had me feeling rather tired at the end of the day, and I haven’t gotten a whole lot of stitching done.

2)  My new Log Cabin Trim Tool (by Creative Grids) was just calling out to me during the power outage … so I had to start on a log cabin quilt as soon I as I was able.  This is the preliminary layout so far.  Still not sure if I’ll stay with this particular design – since there are soooooo many Log Cabin layout options available.  I don’t think I’ve done this one yet though.  I’m using stuff from my Civil War repro stash.

IMG_2191

And here’s a picture of the great ruler from Creative Grids.  Well first, I’m a Creative Grids Ruler Addict (there really does need to be some support group I think), and when I saw it at the NQA show, I just had to have it.  It really helped that a lady walked up to me and asked if I’d like to see a demo of this ruler in use.  Once I saw it – I had to have it!  (my husband just rolled his eyes and got ready to pull out the credit card!)

IMG_2193

Technorati Tags: ,

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to look that ruler up on the net. I can pass up all the other quilting notions but love rulers. How big are your blocks, great with you reproductions. When someone ask me what my favorite quilt pattern is, I always say log cabin. Come to think of it, I don't have any that I have kept.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shhhhh!! There's ANOTHER Log Cabin Trim Tool on the horizon! Watch for it to be released late August!!

    ReplyDelete