Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Wildest Dreams – Day 1

Okay, I’ve got about five different quilts going right now with Civil War reproduction fabrics – and another two using 1930’s reproduction fabrics.  As I cut the pieces for each of my Civil War BOW blocks each week, I use the leftover fabric in that block and cut it into pieces for the other Civil War quilts.  Since I wasn’t feeling totally great today – it was fun to sit quietly at the sewing machine and start assembling some of the parts to these pieced 8-pointed stars for the Wildest Dreams pattern. 

The pattern appears on page 67 of the October 2009 issue of American Patchwork & Quilting magazine.  I will not be using the bubble gum pink as a background – I may end up using a creamy antique white, or maybe pickle green!  (haven’t decided that one yet!)

Scrappy is the order of the day!

day1

No comments:

Post a Comment